Calendar of Events
Week beginning Monday 19 May 2014
- Mining, Law and Equity Workshop (2014)
This workshop will explore a broad set of law, policy and governance issues. It will bring together a mix of researchers, lawyers, campaigners, and professionals from UK, Europe and Asia to take this debate forward.
We welcome your participation in this workshop but due to space constraints, we request you to register by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Walking Tour of Bloomsbury
Diane Burstein, Blue Badge Guide
- Surveillance, Databasing and Threats to Privacy
Dr Edgar Whitley (LSE), Helen Wallace (GeneWatch), Dr Usha Ramanathan (Independent Law Researcher, Delhi)
The LEDC invites you to attend Surveillance, Databasing, and Threats to Privacy with Dr Edgar Whitley (LSE), Helen Wallace (GeneWatch) and Dr Usha Ramanathan (Independent Law Researcher, Delhi).
- Disabled Diaspora, Rehabilitating State: The Queer Politics of Reproduction in Israel/Palestine
Roundtable with Jasbir Puar (Rutgers University) featuring Atef Alshaer, Brenna Bhandar, Aeyal Gross and Katherine Natanel. Chaired by Rahul Rao.
No booking is required except for wheelchair space. The venue is wheelchair accessible, although the space for wheelchairs is very limited. To reserve a space, or if you have any other disability-related needs, please contact Rahul Rao (email@example.com) in advance of the event.
- Jaanta Nahin Mera Baap Kaun Hain?! Knowing “our” fathers, knowing “their” fathers
Ramesh Bairy Charles Wallace India Trust fellow 2013-2014)
- Ethiopian Religious Politics and the Rise of Pentecostalism
Jörg Haustein, Study of Religions, SOAS
- Modalities of the Fiscal State in Imperial China
Richard von Glahn, UCLA
- Kurdish Writing in Turkey
- The Strategic Deployment of Rights
Prof Clifford Bob
- The British Encounter with Formosa in the Nineteenth Century
Chialin Huang, SOAS
- The Integration of Basilan Island into the Philippine Nation 1946-1986
Shazwani Shahibulbahri, SOAS
- Delivering the Caliphate. The circulation of wealth and valuables in Umayya d Cordoba at the 10th/4th century
Eduardo Manzano Moreno (CSIC, Madrid)
Department of the History of Art & Archaeology, SOAS, in collaboration with Casa Árabe and the Victoria and Albert Museum
- Enmeshed Socio-Economic Legalities - Women and Islam in South Asia
Professor Werner Menski / Associate Professor Gopika Solanki
- Caspar Melville at the HowTheLightGetsIn Festival
Caspar Melville and others
- Portraiture, Pathos, Propaganda: Hero Worship in Eighteenth-Century China
Annette Bügener, Curator of East Asian Collections, The Chester Beatty Library, Dublin
- Literary Event with Korean Novelist: In Conversation with Gong Ji-young
Gong Ji-young in conversation with Grace Koh