Information for Students
Departmental Academic Study Skills
The ADD can work closely with departments to provide Academic Study Skills sessions at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Our trained Study Support staff work together with course convenors and lecturers to establish what students need and to tailor the session(s) to their disciplines.
We offer a range of skills-training so that you can excel within your department, including:
- Essay and dissertation writing
- Reading for research/writing
- Presentation skills
- Exam and revision strategies
- How to avoid plagiarism
Benefits of these sessions may include:
- Quicker adjustment to the level of work expected at university level
- Avoiding unnecessary summertime stress by helping you to prepare earlier
The Academic Study Skills sessions vary within each department. Contact your course convenor to find out if this support is available to you. For more general study skills guidance look at our workshops or 1-1 tutorials.