[skip to content]



If this does not answer your query, then please e-mail the Head of Admissions and Recruitment: mastersadmissions@soas.ac.uk, clearly indicating that you have read the Frequently Asked Questions in the Subject 

  • As a non- EEA student how can I obtain a visa to study at SOAS?

    You will need to request a Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS)  before you can submit your Tier 4 visa application .

    We highly recommend that all prospective non-EEA applicants visit the HOME OFFICE website for up to date information about visa regulations and procedures. 

    The UKCISA (UK Council for International Student Affairs) website also contains useful information about studying in the UK

    Please also refer to the International section on our website

    Note that US Nationals do require a student visa to come and study in the UK

    A student cannot apply got a Tier 4 visa more than three months before the start of his/her course.

  • I need unconditional offer to apply for my visa. Could you please send me an unconditional offer?

    We cannot send an unconditional offer until all the entry requirements have been met. Only then we can issue a Confirmation of Acceptance for study (CAS) that will allow you to apply for a visa.

    Therefore if your offer is conditional on your submitting academic or any other evidence, we cannot make your offer unconditional until you have fulfilled  the conditions set out in the offer letter.

  • I am Applying for Tier 4 general student visa and need a CAS from SOAS- How do I proceed?

    SOAS will assign a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) to all students who have  firmly accepted an Unconditional Offer. The CAS details will be sent via email. 

    Information about requesting a CAS is included in the offer letter. To request a CAS please complete the CAS request form. and email it to pgtcasrequest@soas.ac.uk

    There is more information about CAS and applying for a visa on the International Student page 

  • I need my SOAS student reference number to complete my CAS request form. Can I use my application ID number?

    You can use your application 7 digit number or the SOAS 6 digit number if it has already been allocated.
  • I have a valid Tier 4 visa issued to study at another university? Will I be able to register on a programme at SOAS?
    Even with a valid Tier 4 visa,  you must apply for a new visa with a CAS issued by SOAS.  Please go to the UKBA website for more information or the SOAS website