Seminars, Conferences & Events
Departmental seminars, conferences & events
- Anthropology of Development Seminar
- Seminar Series in the Anthropology of Travel and Tourism
- Social Anthropology Seminar
- Ethnographic Film Series
- Humanitarianism: past trends/future directions
Departmental Centre seminars, conferences & events
- Undergraduate Open Day
- This Open Day is aimed at anyone interested in studying at SOAS at undergraduate level.
- Jaguar, 1967, 110 min.
- Food Fights: Food Sovereignty, Regulation and Transition in Canada and the USA
Dr. Colin Anderson, Research Fellow, Centre for Agroecology, Water and Resilience, Coventry University
- Dead Birds, 1963, 83 min.
- From Arak To Za’Atar: Jerusalem and its many culinary traditions
Modern Jerusalem is unique: it is a city where ancient history and recent events constantly interact – with great intimacy and intensity – and thus shape every aspect of the daily realities of its citizens. Join the SOAS Food Studies Centre to welcome Yotam Ottolenghi to SOAS for this distinguished lecture.
- Culinary Tourism, Gender and (Re)construction of Local Food Cultures in Southern Mexico (Oaxaca)
Dr. Renata Hryciuk, Assistant Professor, Institute of Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology, University of Warsaw
- Arts and Humanities Postgraduate Open Evening
Representatives from departments across the Faculty of Arts and Humanities will be available to answer your questions about postgraduate studies at SOAS.
- A Wife Among Wives, 1981, 72 min.
David MacDougall and Judith MacDougall
- Making an Empire: A Story of Milk in Three Parts
Dr. Yoriko Otomo, Lecturer, School of Law, and Member of the Food Studies Centre, SOAS, University of London
- Through these Eyes, 2004, 55 min.
Charles Laird and Asen Balikci
- Globally Branding Japanese Cuisine
Prof. Theodore C. Bestor, Reischauer Institute Professor of Social Anthropology and Japanese Studies, Harvard University
- Imagining Indians, 1992, 60 min.
- Finding Women in the Professional Kitchen: An Ethnography of La Cuisine des Mères Lyonnaises
Dr. Rachel Black, Fellow, Collegium de Lyon, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon