Seminars, Conferences & Events
Departmental seminars, conferences & events
- Anthropology of Development Seminar
- Social Anthropology Seminar
- Ethnographic Film Series
- Humanitarianism: past trends/future directions
Departmental Centre seminars, conferences & events
- Man of Aran, 1931, 76 min.
- An Oral History of Neal’s Yard Dairy: Applying Postgraduate Food Anthropology
Mukta Das, Doctoral Researcher, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, and Research
Doctoral Researcher, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, and Research Student Member of the Food Studies Centre, SOAS, University of London, and Celia Plender, Doctoral Researcher, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, & Research Student Member of the Food Studies Centre, SOAS, University of London
- Man with a Movie Camera, 1929, 103 min.
- Past and Present Plant Use in Northern Sudan
Dr. Philippa Ryan and Prof. Katherine Homewood
Dr. Philippa Ryan, Scientist, Dept. of Conservation and Scientific Research, British Museum & Prof. Katherine Homewood, Professor of Human Ecology, Dept. of Anthropology, University College London
- The Hunters, 1957, 72 min
- Field Work: Photographs from Agricultural East Anglia
Justin Partyka, Independent Photographer
- Undergraduate Open Day
- This Open Day is aimed at anyone interested in studying at SOAS at undergraduate level.
- Jaguar, 1967, 110 min.
- Food Fights: Food Sovereignty, Regulation and Transition in Canada and the USA
Dr. Colin Anderson, Research Fellow, Centre for Agroecology, Water and Resilience, Coventry University
- Dead Birds, 1963, 83 min.
- Culinary Tourism, Gender and (Re)construction of Local Food Cultures in Southern Mexico (Oaxaca)
Dr. Renata Hryciuk, Assistant Professor, Institute of Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology, University of Warsaw
- Arts and Humanities Postgraduate Open Evening
Representatives from departments across the Faculty of Arts and Humanities will be available to answer your questions about postgraduate studies at SOAS.
- A Wife Among Wives, 1981, 72 min.
David MacDougall and Judith MacDougall
- Making an Empire: A Story of Milk in Three Parts
Dr. Yoriko Otomo, Lecturer, School of Law, and Member of the Food Studies Centre, SOAS, University of London
- Through these Eyes, 2004, 55 min.
Charles Laird and Asen Balikci
- Globally Branding Japanese Cuisine
Prof. Theodore C. Bestor, Reischauer Institute Professor of Social Anthropology and Japanese Studies, Harvard University
- Imagining Indians, 1992, 60 min.
- Finding Women in the Professional Kitchen: An Ethnography of La Cuisine des Mères Lyonnaises
Dr. Rachel Black, Fellow, Collegium de Lyon, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon