[skip to content]
- LAURA MARIA AGUSTIN (Open University, Milton Keynes) Making Money Fast: Working in the European Sex Industry.
- ALYSON BRODY (IDS, Sussex) Keeping it clean: an exploration of order and controversion in a Bangkok shopping mall.
- UDI BUTLER (CIESPI - The International Center for Research on Childhood) Rebellion and structural violence in the experiences and trajectories of youngsters living on the streets of Rio de Janeiro.
- TINA COAST (LSE), KATHERINE HOMEWOOD (UCL), MICK THOMPSON AND PIP TRENCH Maasai pastoralists? Livelihoods at the margin.
- ALESSANDRO CONTICINI (Manchester University) We are the Kings: Children of Dhaka's Streets
- DANIEL COPPARD (University of East Anglia) Labour and Drought: A Social History of Agrarian Relations in a Chottanagpur Village of Eastern India
- PARVIZ DABIR-ALAI (Richmond) Measuring vulnerability: A case study of Delhi's street vending communities
- SOPHIE DAY (Goldsmiths College, London) and HELEN WARD (Imperial College, London) Temporary or permanent livelihoods at the margins? Sex work in London, 1986-2000.
- STAN FRANKLAND (St Andrews) No money, no life: surviving on the streets of Kampala
- NANDINI GOOPTU (Queen Elizabeth House, Oxford) Cultural Change, Community Mobilisation And Participatory Development: A Case Study Of Sex Workers In Calcutta, West Bengal, India.
- DAVID HULME, BINAYAK SEN AND SHARIFA BEGUM (Manchester) Unsustainable Livelihoods: Rickshaw pullers in Dhaka, Bangladesh
- ANNU JALAIS (LSE) Ethical dilemmas surrounding poaching in the Sundarbans.
- HOWARD JONES (University of Reading) Finance for Livelihoods at the Margins: Moneylender Credit in a Rajasthan Village
- TANIA KAISER (SOAS) 'Moving up and down looking for money': Making a living in a Ugandan Refugee Camp
- ELIZABETH KOPEL (Manchester) Informal sector economic activities: From survival to entrepreneurial in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
- UMA KOTHARI AND TIM EDENSOR (Manchester) Global Peddlers and Local Networks
- SIAN LAZAR (Cambridge) Collective organisation, ethnicity and political agency among Bolivian street traders
- TREVOR MARCHAND Labouring for Faith: migrant Qur'anic students in Djenne's building trade
- BECKIE MARSLAND Marginalising the Centre: Traditional doctors and HIV/AIDS in Tanzania
- DAVID MOSSE Adivasi seasonal labour migrants in western India
- MARTIN PROWSE (School of Economic Studies, Manchester) "It is really just like fishing...what you catch depends on the bait you put on the line": The construction of friendships between beachboys and tourists on the shores of Lake Malawi
- JOHN ROUND (Leicester) Restructuring the everyday in the post-Soviet Russian far north east. The development of survival strategies amongst marginalised senior citizens.
- ATREYEE SEN (SOAS, London) Hindu nationalism and failing development goals: Micro-finance, women and illegal livelihoods in the Bombay slums.
- LORRAINE VAN BLERK (Brunel University) Negotiating boundaries: bar girls and sex work in Nazareth, Ethiopia