Numerous events, seminars, films, discussions, talks and lecture series are held throughout term-time and beyond, hosted by the Departments and Centres of the Faculty of Arts & Humanities.
Unless otherwise stated, all events are free and open to the public.
- Fragments of Law: History, Claims and Community from Mughal and Post-Mughal Mahzar-namas
Nandini Chatterjee, Exeter
- A significant manuscript: The illustrated Ramayana of Rana Jagat Singh of Mewar (c1649-53)
Roda Ahluwalia (Independent Scholar)
- Make a Difference Ceremony
Professor Paul Webley, CBE
- The Performance of Solace: Violence, Caste and Administration in South India, 1950-1980
Rupa Viswanath (Göttingen)
- The Kaaba and the Kiswa
Dr Simon O’Meara (Lecturer in Islamic Art and Archaeology, SOAS)
Please note there is a room change due to KLT renovations - this will now be held in DLT (formerly G2), Main Building to left of Reception Desk
- Postgraduate Open Evening
Representatives from departments and centres across SOAS will be available to answer your questions about postgraduate study.
- Undergraduate Open Day
- This Open Day is aimed at anyone interested in studying at SOAS at undergraduate level.
- Anthropology in London Day 2015
This event provides a unique opportunity to explore the multiplicity of research directions and connections pursued by anthropologists based in institutions across London. The event focuses on emerging research clusters that cut across London anthropology departments, and aims to promote dialogue and collaboration for further research.
- The Emergence of Theravada Buddhism in Cambodia: Southeast Asian Perspectives Symposium
Hiram Woodward and various speakers