Funding for postgraduate study in the UK
- TARGETCourses Funding Database - lists and advice on studentships, awards and bursaries
- Find a Masters Funding Guide - A guide to funding for postgraduate study at masters level including the new UK Government Postgraduate Loans Scheme for Masters courses
- Find a PhD Funding Guide - A guide to funding for postgraduate study at PhD level
- PhD Funding - a checklist of possible funding opportunities
- Funding my further study - general information on funding postgraduate study on the Prospects website. Includes good overviews of the main options and of important factors for consideration
- Postgraduate Studentships - dedicated website in the UK to bring together all the different types of funding opportunities open to potential postgraduates, at both taught and research level, all in one place
- Postgrad.com - information on postgraduate funding
- Law:Advice for funding the LLB, GDL, LPC and BPTC Information on some of the scholarships and bursaries available.
- Funding for Teacher Training Financial information for those who wish to undertake teacher training.
- Social Work bursaries Details of eligibility and how to apply for bursaries for social work courses
- NHS bursaries Information on funding for medicine, dentistry, nursing or a healthcare courses
- Alternative Guide to Postgraduate Funding - a reference copy of the book is available in the Information Room
- The Guide to Educational Grants 2015/16 - a reference copy of this book is available in the Information Room
Scholarships and Bursaries
- Prospects information on funding postgraduate study
- Education UK - site dedicated to scholarships for UK study, brought to you by the British Council.
- Scholarship Search - online database of scholarships available by subject and organisation.
- Find a Phd Scholarships - a list of scholarships available.
The SOAS Registry Office have a page on their website dedicated to scholarships and bursaries.
Charities, Trusts and other Funders
There are many more trusts and funding opportunities provided by specific foundations or organisations, to aid those with particular backgrounds or interests. Examples include:
- British Federation of Women Graduates supports women undertaking postgraduate research in the UK (not Northern Ireland)
- Skill provides educational information, including funding information, for people with disabilities
- The Wellcome Trust is a major funding organisation supporting medical-related fields
- Association of Charitable Foundations (ACF) - a leading membership association for grant-making charities in the UK
Funding for International Students
For information on funding opportunities specifically for international students to study in the UK, please see the following: