Studying in the UK
Finding a postgraduate course
- Find A Masters - Listings of taught and research Master's courses in the UK.
- Find A PhD - Research opportunities in UK.
- TARGET Courses - Detailed information about all postgraduates courses offered within the UK.
- Jobs.ac.uk - Site for postgraduate study advice and career development.
- Postgraduate Studentships - Important information for postgraduates.
- Prospects Postgraduate Database - For complete listings of all institutions, with links to their respective websites.
- universitycoursesuk.co.uk - A course search engine that scans British University courses providing the user with the most up to date links to details by redirecting you to the original source (University’s website).
- Central Application Board - for applications for the Common Professional Exam/Graduate Diploma in Law (CPE/GDL) and Legal Practice Course (LPC).
- Graduate Teacher Training Registry (GTTR) - for applications for the Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- AGCAS Vocational Course Surveys - surveys of UK courses in specific occupational or sector areas.
How to research UK Departments and Institutions
- The Times Good University Guide – Useful info relating to higher study. Also available in our Information Room.
- Research Assessment Exercise - National survey of higher education research.
- Quality Assurance Agency - The QAA ensures a quality standard in higher education, and carries out regular reviews.
- Teaching Quality Information - TQI provides easy access to reports on the quality of higher education.
- Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) - Provides data on numbers of students, demographic, types of students, destinations, numbers qualifying and numbers continuing in study.
- Guardian Guide to Education - Provides league tables, RAE results, other useful info relating to higher education.