The term 'mature student' covers students from age 21 to pensionable age who are studying to improve their career prospects.
We aim to provide as much information as possible for those who consider themselves career changers or for first time students at any age.
We have the following resources in our information room:
- Dedicated careers information folder for mature students
- Copies of the information sheet called 'Mature students' produced by The Careers Group
We recommend the following online resources as a starting point:
- Prospects Planner - Online careers tool that can help you to assess your skills, values and interests and links in to job profiles of 600 graduate occupations which include information on mature student entry and prospects.
- Prospects: Equal Opportunities - Age
Other relevant sites of interest may include:
- Diversity Milkround - Online list of companies wishing to promote diversity within the workplace and offering internships, industrial placements and graduate positions.
- Employers Forum on Age - A network of employers who are positive about recruiting older staff
- Equality Challenge Unit
- The Equality and Human Rights Commission
- Association for Non-traditional Students in Higher Education
- The Diversity Group - Promotes equal opportunities to people from every kind of minority background or lifestyle, including age
- Business Link 'Employing Older Workers'
- Department for Work and Pensions Age Positive Publications