The Careers Information Room contains a wide ranging collection of career related information. We also have an Information Officer who is a specialist in the information contained within the library, and who spends time researching relevant literature and produces useful material for students.
The Information Room contains a range of resources that are organised according to the following themes:
- Exploring your options - resources to help you think about what you might like to do and what you might want from your career, career directories and information on what SOAS graduates have gone on to do.
- Employment issues - information and advice about equal opportunities, including disability, race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation and class.
- Job roles and employers - information and reference material on graduate occupations and SOAS-specific sectors.
- Postgraduate study and funding - information on postgraduate courses and funding my further study in the UK and internationally.
- Working outside the UK - information and books on working internationally.
- Job hunting and recruitment process - advice about the job hunting process, including how to write CVs and applications, and prepare for interviews and psychometric tests.
- Current vacancies - listings of current full-time, part-time and voluntary work as well as internships.
We have now developed a section on the Moodle dedicated to enhancing employability for current students. This section includes information on job hunting, postgraduate study, postgraduate funding, sectors, employers, working outside the UK, options with your degree and specialist pages for students with disabilities and mature students.
Other leaflets available online
These titles are also available on Careers Tagged (SOAS login required) and free to take away from the Careers Service:
Application Letters, Completing Job Application Forms, Internships, Vacation Work and Work Experience, Job Hunting, Networking, Personal Statements, Refocus Your Job Hunt, Your CV
Group Exercises, Interviews, Oral Presentations, Psychometric Tests, Working for Small Organisations, Written and E-tray Exercises
Career options and further study
Changing or Leaving Your Course, Entrepreneurship, Getting Career Inspiration, International Students, Mature Students, Students with Disabilities including Dyslexia, Postgraduate Study, CVs for PhD Students
To view the collection of our library reference books, please browse our online catalogue.