Africa Business Group
The Africa Business Group (ABG) was founded in 1995 as a forum for the discussion of African affairs as they affect business, commerce, and finance across the continent. The programme of events is run by the Centre of African Studies in association with our partners, including the Business Council for Africa (BCA) and African Foundation for Development (AFFORD).
This forum brings together business people, journalists, diplomats and NGO professionals with academics and scholars who all share an interest in and expertise on Africa. Taking the form of lively lunch discussions and extended partnered events, the ABG programme draws on the input of members and academics to tackle the latest issues, developments and research affecting business in Africa.
- Download the ABG flier on the right hand side of this page for more information
- View all ABG events
- View ABG Reports and Presentations
2012-2013 Event Highlights
- Entrepreneurship and Economic Development in Africa Conference - Topics covered included: Tackling Africa problems through entrepreneurship; creating conducive environment for business to flourish; creating employment opportunities through entrepreneurship; generating sustainable investment in a frontier market.
- New African Energy - The Ripple Effect - Investment prospects from the continent’s new Oil and Gas discoveries and renewable energy developments.
- Young African Diaspora Entrepreneurs - a one-day training event for young people interested in developing their own businesses, linking their UK connections and insights to opportunities across Africa. ABG members and partners had the opportunity to share their experiences with the participants.
- Agribusiness Africa: Ploughing Ahead? Three speakers shared their experiences of different enterprises to illustrate challenges faced in West, Southern and East Africa and their routes to becoming profitable enterprises.
- (+44) (0)20 7898 4370