Dr Mashood Baderin
Professor of Law, SOAS, email@example.com
- Islamic Law;
- International and Comparative Human Rights Law;
- Public International Law;
- Human Rights and Islamic Law, especially interaction between International Law, Human Rights Law, and Islamic Law in Muslim States.
Dr Fareda Banda
Lecturer in Law, SOAS, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family law; law and society in Africa; human rights of women; alternative dispute resolution.
Dr Simon Coldham
Senior Lecturer in Law, SOAS, email@example.com
- Land law; family law; succession law; criminal law; administration of justice; legal reform by African governments; customary courts.
- Commonwealth Africa, East and Central Africa, Kenya, Zambia
His Honour Judge Eugene Cotran
Visiting Professor of Law with reference to Africa and the Middle East, SOAS
- African law and Middle Eastern law;
- immigration law;
- public and private international law
Dr Philippe Cullet
Lecturer in Law, SOAS, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Implementation of international environmental agreements at the national level, in particular concerning the biodiversity convention; biotechnology and intellectual property rights with a focus on plant variety protection (farmers' and breeders' rights).
- Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania
Mr Ian Edge
Lecturer in Law, SOAS, email@example.com
- Islamic law; modern laws of Egypt and the Gulf; commercial law in the Middle East; conflict of laws and international business law.
- Middle East, Egypt
Ms Catherine Jenkins
Lecturer in Law, SOAS, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Currently working on issues of prosecutions and amnesties for gross violations of human rights, reflecting research carried out in South Africa on the work of the TRC, and generally on human rights in post-conflict situations, including Rwanda, Sierra Leone and South Africa.
- South Africa, Rwanda
Lecturer in Law, SOAS, email@example.com
- Public international law;
- human rights law;
- implementation of international standards;
- victims' rights and reparation.
Dr Tunde Ogowewo
- Capital markets; securities regulation; company, commercial, trade and administrative law; the regulation of takeovers in Nigeria; locus stands and access to justice in Nigeria; capital market regulation in Africa.
Lecturer in Law, SOAS, firstname.lastname@example.org
- International trade law, comparative commercial law and alternative dispute resolution.
James S Read
Visiting Professor of Comparative Public Law, with special reference to Africa, SOAS
- African and Commonwealth Public Law
Dr Peter Slinn
Senior Lecturer in Law, SOAS, email@example.com
- International law; law and development with particular reference to exploitation of natural resources; comparative constitutional law.
- Southern Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Chandra Lekha Sriram
Professor, Law Department, SOAS, firstname.lastname@example.org
- International human rights and humanitarian law;
- International criminal accountability;
- Transitional justice;
- Conflict prevention, resolution, and post-conflict peacebuilding.
Professor of Law with particular reference to the Middle East and North Africa, SOAS, email@example.com
- Palestine and international humanitarian law;
- laws of the Middle East and North Africa, especially comparative family law, human rights, gender and law.