Dr Chris Alden
- Political transitions; post-conflict reconstruction; South African foreign policy; role of external actions in African politics
- South Africa, Mozambique, Angola
Professor Stephen Chan
Dean of Law and Social Sciences; Professor of International Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The movement towards democracy in Commonwealth Africa and other selected states. Conceptual underpinnings of Africanist thought and those forms of Afro-essentialism.
Dr David Harris
Teaching Fellow, SOAS, Department of Politics and International Relations, email@example.com
- Sierra Leone and Liberia; elections after conflict; rebel groups and political parties.
Dr David Styan
Lecturer, School of Politics and Sociology, Birkbeck, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Political economy of the Horn of Africa
- UK and French policy towards Africa
- UK African diaspora
Dr Michael Twaddle
- Politics and recent history; structural adjustment policies; religion and politics; political biography; overseas Indians in East Africa and Caribbean; religion in post-colonial Uganda.
- East Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda
Dr Tom Young
Senior Lecturer in Politics with reference to Africa, SOAS, email@example.com
- Ethnicity and politics; regional politics of Southern Africa; political theory; regional implications of structural adjustment and governance policies.
- Southern Africa, South Africa, Mozambique