Dr Chris Alden
- Political transitions; post-conflict reconstruction; South African foreign policy; role of external actions in African politics
- South Africa, Mozambique, Angola
Professor Stephen Chan
Dean of Law and Social Sciences; Professor of International Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The movement towards democracy in Commonwealth Africa and other selected states. Conceptual underpinnings of Africanist thought and those forms of Afro-essentialism.
Dr Julia Gallagher
Lecturer, Department of Politics and International Relations, Royal Holloway, University of London, email@example.com
- Domestic and international relations in Southern Africa; Zimbabwe; Images of Africa; Tony Blair's Africa policy; teaching Africa and International Studies.
Dr David Harris
Teaching Fellow, SOAS, Department of Politics and International Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sierra Leone and Liberia; elections after conflict; rebel groups and political parties.
Dr Meera Sabaratnam
Lecturer in International Relations, SOAS email@example.com
- State-building, development policy, post-war reconstruction;
- post-colonial historiography, political thought, political economy;
- Southern Africa, particularly Mozambique; Indian Ocean linkages
Dr David Styan
Lecturer, School of Politics and Sociology, Birkbeck, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Political economy of the Horn of Africa
- UK and French policy towards Africa
- UK African diaspora
Dr Michael Twaddle
- Politics and recent history; structural adjustment policies; religion and politics; political biography; overseas Indians in East Africa and Caribbean; religion in post-colonial Uganda.
- East Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda
Dr Tom Young
Senior Lecturer in Politics with reference to Africa, SOAS, email@example.com
- Ethnicity and politics; regional politics of Southern Africa; political theory; regional implications of structural adjustment and governance policies.
- Southern Africa, South Africa, Mozambique