Centre of Contemporary Central Asia and the Caucasus Events
The events draw a varied audience with an interest in the region.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise stated. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information contact the Centres and Programmes Office
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot guarantee, however, that subsequent changes have not been made. Please be advised to check information relating to scheduled events by using the contact information provided.
- Managing uncertainty in Afghanistan - a view from the ground
Michael Keating, Senior Consulting Fellow, Chatham House; former Deputy UN Envoy to Afghanistan (until November 2012)
- Dr Najib and Mr Karzai: a Tale of Two Retreats
Jonathan Steele (Author/ International affairs columnist)
- Memories Without Borders
Mehmet Binay (CAM Film), Ilham Safarov (Internews Azerbaijan), Nouneh Sargsyan and Harut Mansuryan (Internews Armenia)
Film screening of Memories Without Borders – a new documentary film (55-minutes, English subtitles)
made by Turkish, Armenian and Azerbaijani filmmakers working across closed borders.
- Modes of Mistrust in the Caucasus and Beyond
- The Current Migration Trends in North America and the Post Soviet Space: A Comparative Perspective
Professor Andrei Korobkov (Middle Tennessee State University)
- The Afghan Conundrum: Intervention, Statebuilding and Resistance
Jonathan Steele (Guardian), Aziz Hakimi (SOAS), Jonathan Goodhand (SOAS)