Centre of Contemporary Central Asia and the Caucasus Events
The events draw a varied audience with an interest in the region.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise stated. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information contact the Centres and Programmes Office
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot guarantee, however, that subsequent changes have not been made. Please be advised to check information relating to scheduled events by using the contact information provided.
- The Foreign Policy Options of a Small Unrecognised State: The Case of Abkhazia
Thomas Frear (Independent Analyst)
- Militias, Counterinsurgency and Statebuilding in Afghanistan
Professor Jonathan Goodhand (SOAS) & Aziz Hakimi (PhD Candidate, SOAS)
- Central Planning, Local Knowledge? Labour, Population and the Tajik School of Economics
Dr Artemy Kalinovsky (University of Amsterdam)
- CIRCASSIA: Exploring the Sounds of an Ancient Country
Vincent Moon and Bulat Khalilov (Directors)
- This event will now be held in conjunction with the seminar on the 'Music of the Uzbeks of Northern Afghanistan'.
- Development, Patronage and Politics: the prospects for Afghanistan
Michael Keating, former UN Deputy Envoy to Afghanistan and Senior Consulting Fellow at Chatham House will chair a discussion with an international panel of experts.