Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD)
The FESSUD Project
The Financialisation, Economy, Society and Sustainable Development (FESSUD) project is a multidisciplinary project which aims to forge alliances across the social sciences, so as to understand how finance can better serve economic, social and environmental needs.
The FESSUD Project runs for 5 years from 01/12/2011 to 30/11/2016 and aims to affect policy makers, representatives of the business sector, the civil society sector, researchers and citizens based in different EU member states and beyond.
FESSUD brings together expertise from many leading universities to look afresh at how the financial system affects the world around us. FESSUD explores the nature of the relationship between financialisation (the processes of the growth of the importance of financial systems, finance and financial motives) and the sustainability of the financial system, economic and social development and the environment.
The research programe of FESSUD integrates diverse levels, methods and disciplinary traditions with the aim of developing a comprehensive policy agenda for changing the role of the financial system to help achieve a future which is sustainable in environmental, social and economic terms.
FESSUD Institutional Partners
The FESSUD project is made up of a team of economists and other social scientists from across Europe and South Africa, working at 14 leading universities and one European non-government organisation.
- University of Leeds, UK (Coordinator)
- University of Siena, Italy
- SOAS, University of London, UK
- Fondation Nationale des Sciences Politiques, France
- Pour la Solidarite, Brussels, Belgium
- Poznan University of Economics, Poland
- Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
- Berlin School of Economics and Law, Germany
- Centre for Social Studies, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- University of Pannonia, Veszprem, Hungary
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
- Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
- Lund University, Sweden
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, Spain
FESSUD Members at SOAS
Led by the University of Leeds the project involves the following SOAS researchers:
FESSUD Publications, Working Papers and Policy Briefs
Publications and contributions by SOAS researchers working on the FESSUD project will be posted here once these are available. Please check back over the coming months.
More Information about FESSUD
For more information regarding the FESSUD project, please check the FESSUD website: fessud.eu
For more information regarding SOAS's involvement in FESSUD please contact Hannah Bargawi on email@example.com.