How to Apply
You can now apply to begin studying for the June 2014 entry for CeDEP IPA programme, or for the February 2015 entry for all other programmes (MSc, Postgraduate Diploma or Postgraduate Certificate).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified people irrespective of nationality and country of residence.
See the Entry Requirements page for details on different degrees and entry points
Submitting an electronic application is easy. Please complete and submit the CeDEP electronic application form. It is important that you submit your application as early as possible. Once it has been reviewed, you may receive a conditional offer. An unconditional offer will only be made once we have received from you the supporting documentation specified in the conditional offer. We will keep you informed of the process in writing.
If you have not received the acknowledgement from CeDEP within 10 working days, please contact the CeDEP Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your application has been received.
To support your application, you will need to submit the following documentation by the appropriate application deadline (see below). Please scan and email your supporting documents in the first instance to email@example.com.
- An original or certified* copy of your university transcript(s) and/or degree certificate(s). The transcript is a document from your university that records all the courses that you studied, the grades that you obtained and your final degree result. If you are having certified copies made, please ensure that you include any explanation of grades that may be printed on the reverse of the original.
- A photocopy of a statutory identification document such as a passport, or a birth certificate
- IELTS or TOEFL certificate where no previous university level studies were taught and examined in English. For information on the English language requirements please refer to the Entry Requirements page.
All supporting documentation must be in English. If it is necessary for documents to be translated, please send a certified copy of the original document with a certified translation.
Documents should be sent to CeDEP at the below address:
SOAS, University of London
* Certifying your documents
A certified copy is a photocopy of a document that has been stamped and verified by one of the following:
- British Council official (You can find the location of your nearest British Council office from their website: www.britishcouncil.org)
- British High Commission (see: www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/find-an-embassy/ )
- The awarding body i.e. the University where the degree was gained
9th April 2014 for a June 2014 start.
30th November 2014 for a February 2015 start.
31st May 2014 for a February 2015 start, if also applying for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships.
If you are an undergraduate in the final stage of completing your degree, you are welcome to apply for any of our programmes through the usual application process. If we make you an offer, it will be conditional upon satisfactory completion of your degree. Documentary evidence of your final result will be required.
You are responsible for making sure that an official transcript (or a certified copy) is sent to us as soon as possible and before the enrolment deadline. We can only enrol you if you have satisfied the requirements for entry by the start date of the relevant programme.