Individual Professional Awards
Mode of Attendance: Distance Learning
The Individual Professional Awards programme offers people in the financial and management sector a very effective form of flexible professional education. Our modules are designed to each rigorously explore themes in depth. The modules have all been designed and constructed by professionals whose own research is at the forefront of current thinking.
An IPC can be a very useful way of testing whether Distance Learning is the method for you if you have any doubt about making the commitment involved in a full programme. When you have completed an IPA successfully, you will be awarded a University of London certificate. If the IPA is related to a course on the MSc or Postgraduate Diploma that you want to enrol for and you have achieved a pass mark of 50% or more, then you can be awarded credit towards that programme.
For each module that you choose to study, you will complete two assignments each worth 15% of your total marks. You will be expected to submit your first assignment by the Tuesday of Week 5, and the second assignment at the end of the module, on the Tuesday of Week 8. You will also sit a three-hour examination held on a specific date in October, worth 70% of the total mark.
- International Management
- Cross-cultural Management
- Management in China: Domestic Development
- Management in China: International Perspectives
- Topics in the Chinese Economy
- International Human Resource Management
- Public Policy & Management: Perspectives & Issues
- Human Resources Management & Development
- Management Information & Information Systems
- Managing Organisational Change
- Decentralisation & Local Governance
- Privatisation & Public-Private Partnerships
- Project Appraisal & Impact Analysis
- Public Policy & Strategy
- Public Financial Management: Planning & Performance
- Public Financial Management: Revenue
- Public Financial Management: Reporting & Audit
- The IMF & Economic Policy
- International Finance
- Macroeconomic Policy & Financial Markets
- Microeconomic Principles & Policy
- Introduction to Law & to Finance
- Financial Law
- Legal Aspects of International Finance
- Legal Aspects of Corporate Finance
- Regulation of International Capital Markets
- Law & Regulation of Electronic Finance & Internet Banking
- Bank Financial Management
- Banking & Capital Markets
- Banking Regulation and Resolution of Banking Crises
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Finance
- Finance in the Global Market
- Quantitative Methods for Financial Management
- Econometric Principles & Data Analysis
- Econometric Analysis & Applications
- Financial Econometrics
- Risk Management: Principles & Applications
- Modelling Firms & Markets
- Research Methods
You can choose a module from any of the Distance Learning programmes available. You may take up to three modules in total.
Taking an Individual Professional Course will provide you with valuable training and help you advance in your career in fund management institutions, banks, governments, public services, international organisations and NGOs.
A Student's Perspective
The core courses were challenging, stimulating, and informative with a hands-on approach to learning beyond theory, making learning applicable to my work and career.