The Centres & Programmes Office oversees the administration of seven Regional Centres and Institutes, promoting knowledge of the regions by:
- Facilitating knowledge transfer through academic (lectures, conferences, workshops, performances, film screenings and the weekly seminars series)
- Networking individuals and institutions with a special interest in the region
- Administering a number of fellowships and awards
- Disseminating regionally specific information to the academic community
- Co-hosting events in conjunction with a SOAS department/centre or affiliated organisation
- Publishing papers, guides, annual reviews
- Developing partnerships in conjunction with SOAS departments/centres and private/public orgs
- Helping to mobilize research beyond the academic community
- Providing academic hospitality to recognised scholars from within the UK and overseas
- Working closely with the SOAS Research Office and Enterprise Office
The Centres & Programmes Office produces a number of annual publications including the SOAS Experts Guide which provides a comprehensive compendium of the specialist knowledge currently available at SOAS and 4 annual reviews.
The Centres & Programmes Office team coordinate an average of 200+ events per year. They offer a service to academic staff, from all disciplines across the School, in relation to helping to create bespoke events, from inception to delivery. Events are often co-hosted with external organisations and attract both internal and external audiences.
- End-to-end project management of tailored academic events
- Development of publicity, including branding and event materials
- Costing projects, which can in term be used for funding applications submitted through the SOAS Research Office
If you would like further information about the regional centres, or would like help or advice organising an event please contact:
The office is open Monday to Friday from 10.00 to 16.30 and is located in Room B404, 4th Floor, Brunei Gallery, Russell Square campus.