Centres & Programmes Office: In-house volunteering scheme
The SOAS Centres & Programmes Office is looking for bright and motivated individuals who would like to help maintain, and develop, its social networking sites.
We are looking for students who are capable of thinking creatively, working effectively on their own and as part of a team, and are passionate about Asia.
Placements are offered to SOAS students (undergraduate or graduate) ideally pursuing projects on Asia.
- Contribute to online outreach and promotion using Facebook and Twitter
- Research and develop ways to improve engagement and site traffic
- Highly motivated in good academic standing and with a strong interest in Asia-related issues or studie
- Direct experience working with Social Media Channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Strong English language/grammar skills
- Good inter-personal skills; professional demeanor
- Professional development in a challenging environment
- Opportunity to gain experience in areas of office administration, data collection, analysis, and professional writing development
- A reference at the end of the internship.
- Any costs incurred would be reimbursed.
The placement is for a minimum of 3 months. Hours are flexible but we would need someone to commit to 1.5 hours a week. Immediate start.
Volunteers are supervised by the Office Manager.
How to Apply
To apply send a CV, and a covering letter detailing why you want to volunteer and 3 ideas on how we can improve our existing social media pages (see links below):
- Centre of South Asian Studies
- Centre of Chinese Studies
- Centre of Contemporary Central Asia & the Caucasus
- Centre of South East Asian Studies
- Centre of Korean Studies
- Japan Research Centre
- Centre for the Study of Pakistan
Send to Jane Savory, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit Jane in Room 479, Main Building.