The China Institute coordinates activities at SOAS, University of London that relate to the study of China. The events bring together academic staff and students with diverse interests and backgrounds.
Events are free and open to the public unless otherwise stated. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
SOAS Academic Summer School offers three and five-week courses taught by SOAS' world-renowned academics in July and August 2015. Courses related to China include:
For further information contact Li-Sa Whittington at the Institute on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot guarantee, however, that subsequent changes have not been made.
- The History and Philosophy of Zhang Zai's Qi (气) - Explicated through the New Yi (易) Study of the Song Dynasty
Dr Elizabeth Li (Senior Member, Cambridge and Associate Researcher (Honorary), The Chinese University of Hong Kong Research Centre for Chinese Philosophy and Culture)
- Opportunities and Constraints for the Expansion of Chinese NGOs in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Case Study of Ethiopia and Malawi
Jennifer Y.J. Hsu (Assistant Professor, University of Alberta)
- Researching Chinese Legal History in Europe: The State of the Field
- Film Screening of Joyful Life and Q&A with Director Anita Chang
Speaker: Director Anita Chang
- Postgraduate Open Evening
Representatives from departments and centres across SOAS will be available to answer your questions about postgraduate study.
- How healthy is China?
At our second annual China Debate, senior-level experts from different sectors will explore the question ‘How healthy is China?’ and offer their personal and professional insights into China’s economic, political, cultural and environmental health.