How does a degree in the Languages and Cultures of China and Inner Asia help with my career?
A postgraduate degree in Languages and Cultures of China and Inner Asia from SOAS provides essential skills such as competency in language skills and intercultural awareness and understanding. Graduates leave SOAS with linguistic and cultural expertise, along with a portfolio of widely transferable skills which employers seek in many professional and management careers in both business and public sectors. These include written and oral communication skills; attention to detail; analytical and problem solving skills; and the ability to research, amass and order information from a variety of sources.
Former Languages and Cultures of China and Inner Asia students have gone on to employment in a range of professional roles in business and public sectors, as well as continuing in the field of research either at SOAS or other institutions
Destinations of recent graduates from this department immediately after graduation include:
- Higher education teaching professionals
- Marketing associate professionals
- University researchers
- Special needs education teaching professionals
- Journalists, newspaper and periodical editors
- Managers and proprietors in other services
- Advertising accounts managers and creative directors
- Authors, writers and translators
- Business and related associate professionals
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Finance and investment analysts and advisers
The chart above shows that SOAS Languages and Cultures of China and Inner Asia graduates are very employable. Graduate Destination Surveys from 2012 show that majority of graduates who could be surveyed are either in work, further study, work and study or volunteering.
Further information about DLHE is available on the Careers Service website.
What do Graduates do?
- LinkedIn Alumni
- Prospects: What do graduates do
- What London Graduates do
- What can I do with a Chinese Degree?
Job Profiles and Careers Information
- Occupational profiles for 600 career areas on Prospects
- Postgraduate study information and database on Prospects
- Country Profiles: China and Hong Kong and Taiwan
- For more information about careers, visit Careers Tagged
- China job
- Job China Net
- Jobs Abroad China
- Journey East
- Any work, Anywhere
- China Pulse
- Expatriates Jobs
- Jobs in China for foreigners
- China Daily
- Business China
- Directory of Development Organisations in China
- Going Global—China
- International Summer Jobs
- Recruitment in China
- Transitions Abroad