Members of the Centre of Islamic and Middle Eastern Law
Director, Centre of Islamic and Middle Eastern Law
Islamic Law, International and Comparative Human Rights Law, Public International Law, Human Rights & Islamic Law, especially interaction between International Law, Human Rights Law, and Islamic Law in Muslim States. Appointed as Independent Expert on the Situation of Human Rights in the Sudan by the UN Human Rights Council at its 19th Session on 23rd March 2012.
- Tel: +44 (0)207 898 4715
- Email: email@example.com
- Room: 220
- Office Hours: Mon 17:30-18:30, Thurs 15:30-16:30 (or by email)
- On Sabbatical:Term 2 (2015/16)
Muslim Family law in the UK and Europe, Family Law, Multiculturalism, Citizenship, Islamic Jurisprudence and Human Rights, Feminist and Critical Social and Political Theories, Issues concerning the rights of Muslim women and Gender Equality.
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7898 4668
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room: 238
- Office Hours: Thursday 11:00-13:00
Deputy Director (Projects), Centre of Islamic and Middle Eastern Law
Financial laws of Arab state jurisdictions; Islamic financial law; legal change and globalisation.
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7898 4095
- Email: email@example.com
- Room: 256
- Office Hours: Mondays 15:00 - 17:00 (by appointment only)
MemberIslamic law; the general law of Egypt and the Gulf; commercial law in the Middle East; conflict of laws and international transactions.
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7898 4665
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room: 241
- Office Hours: Tuesday 15:30-17:30
- On Sabbatical:Term 1 2015/16
MemberComparative commercial and comparative corporate law, with special reference to Islamic law and the laws of the Middle East, in particular the UAE; Islamic Finance.
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7898 4666
- Email: email@example.com
- Room: 225
- Office Hours: Wed 16:30-18:30 (or contact for appointment)
Islamic Law; Laws of South Asia (esp. Pakistan), South East Asia (esp. Indonesia) and the Arab World; Legal Anthropology; Legal Historiography (esp. Seljuk, Mamluk, Ottoman and Mughal Law); Human Rights Law; Gender, Sexuality and Law; Legal Theory; Law of Tort; Family Law; Law and Aesthetics/Art; Global Law/Governance.
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7898 4501
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room: 539
- Office Hours: Tuesday 13:30-15:30
MemberLaws of South Asia; comparative environmental law, Islamic law
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7898 4657
- Email: email@example.com
- Room: 231
- Office Hours: Monday 13:30 - 15:30
Professorial Research Associate
Islam and feminism; Islamic family law, politics of gender and family law in Iran and Morocco
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Law; Legal and Political Theory; Comparative Constitutionalism; Public International Law and Human Rights Law.
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7898 4729
- Email: email@example.com
- Room: 4408
- Office Hours: Friday 11:00 - 13:00 (by appointment only)
MemberIslamic law; law of the Middle East and North Africa, especially comparative family law; human rights; gender and law, Palestine and the law
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7898 4672
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room: 229
- Office Hours: Wednesday 10:00 - 12:00