Members of the Centre of Islamic and Middle Eastern Law
Director, Centre of Islamic and Middle Eastern Law
Islamic Law, International and Comparative Human Rights Law, Public International Law, Human Rights & Islamic Law, especially interaction between International Law, Human Rights Law, and Islamic Law in Muslim States. Appointed as Independent Expert on the Situation of Human Rights in the Sudan by the UN Human Rights Council at its 19th Session on 23rd March 2012.
- Tel: +44 (0)207 898 4715
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room: 220
- Office Hours: Monday and Tueday 17:00-18:00
- On Sabbatical:Term 1 and 2 (2015/16)
Muslim Family law in the UK and Europe, Family Law, Multiculturalism, Citizenship, Islamic Jurisprudence and Human Rights, Feminist and Critical Social and Political Theories, Issues concerning the rights of Muslim women and Gender Equality.
- Tel: +44 (0)207 020 7898 4668
- Email: email@example.com
- Room: 238
- Office Hours: Thursday 11:00-13:00
Deputy Director (Projects), Centre of Islamic and Middle Eastern Law
financial laws of Arab state jurisdictions; Islamic financial law; legal change and globalisation.
- Tel: 0207 898 4095
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room: 256
- On Sabbatical:2014/15
MemberIslamic law; the general law of Egypt and the Gulf; commercial law in the Middle East; conflict of laws and international transactions.
- Tel: 020 7898 4665
- Email: email@example.com
- Room: 241
- Office Hours: Tuesday 3.30-5.30pm
MemberComparative commercial and comparative corporate law, with special reference to Islamic law and the laws of the Middle East, in particular the UAE; Islamic Finance.
- Tel: 020 7898 4666
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room: 225
- Office Hours: Mon 17:30-18:30 + Wed 16:30-17:30
Islamic Law; Laws of South Asia (esp. Pakistan), South East Asia (esp. Indonesia) and the Arab World; Legal Anthropology; Legal Historiography (esp. Seljuk, Mamluk, Ottoman and Mughal Law); Human Rights Law; Gender, Sexuality and Law; Legal Theory; Law of Tort; Family Law; Law and Aesthetics/Art; Global Law/Governance.
- Tel: 020 7898 4501
- Email: email@example.com
- Room: 539
- Office Hours: Friday 12:00-13:40 and also by email appointment
MemberIslamic Law; Islamic Law of Succession
- Tel: 020 7898 4402
- Office Hours: By Appointment
MemberLaws of South Asia; comparative environmental law, Islamic law
- Tel: 020 7898 4657
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room: 231
- Office Hours: Mondays 13:30 - 15:30
Professorial Research Associate
Islam and feminism; Islamic family law, politics of gender and family law in Iran and Morocco
- Email: email@example.com
Public Law; Legal and Political Theory; Comparative Constitutionalism; Public International Law and Human Rights Law.
- Tel: 020 7898 4729
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room: 4408
- Office Hours: Friday 13:00 - 15:00
MemberIslamic law; law of the Middle East and North Africa, especially comparative family law; human rights; gender and law, Palestine and the law
- Tel: 020 7898 4672
- Email: email@example.com
- Room: 229
- Office Hours: Tuesday 10:15-12:15