Into the Desert: Reflections on the 1990-1991 Gulf War
THIS EVENT IS ARCHIVED
Jeffrey A. Engel
Date: 6 February 2013Time: 3:00 PM
Finishes: 6 February 2013Time: 4:00 PM
Venue: Russell Square: College Buildings Room: L67
Type of Event: 0
All welcome. No registration required.
Jeffrey A. Engel is Associate Professor of History and Director of the Center for Presidential History at Southern Methodist University. Selected publications include:
- Into the Desert: Reflections on the Gulf War, Jeffrey A. Engel, ed. (New York: Oxford University Press, 2012).
- Rethinking Leadership and "Whole of Government” National Security Reform, with Joseph R. Cerami, (Carlisle, Pennsylvania: Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College, 2010).
- The Fall of the Berlin Wall: The Revolutionary Legacy of 1989, Jeffrey A. Engel, ed. (New York: Oxford University Press, 2009). Excerpted in Foreignpolicy.com, November 9, 2009.
- The China Diary of George H.W Bush: The Making of a Global President (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2008). Excerpted in Newsweek, December 24, 2007.
- Local Consequences of the Global Cold War, Jeffrey A. Engel, ed. (Palo Alto and Washington, DC: Stanford University Press and Woodrow Wilson Center Press, 2008).
- Cold War at 30,000 Feet: The Anglo-American Fight for Aviation Supremacy (Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 2007). American Historical Association’s 2008 Paul Birdsall Prize, awarded biannually to the outstanding work published in European Military and Strategic History.
Contact email: email@example.com