- Sovereignty and Justice
Dr Mark S. Ellis
As part of CISD's Research Seminar Series, Dr. Mark S. Ellis will be giving a talk on "Balancing the Principle of Complementarity between International and Domestic War Crimes Tribunals"
- Book Launch: Post-2015 UN Development: Making Change Happen?
Chair, Laura Hammond , Head of Development Studies Department, SOAS University of London
Book launch of Post-2015 UN Development: Making Change Happen? (London: Routledge, 2014), edited by Stephen Browne and Thomas G. Weiss
- The United Nations Special Procedures system and the challenges of human rights implementation
Dr Ahmed Shaheed (UN Special Rapporteur on the human rights situation in the Islamic Republic of Iran)
13th Annual Ruth Steinkraus-Cohen International Law lecture
- Midnight at the Pera Palace: The Birth of Modern Istanbul
Prof. Charles King (Georgetown University)
As part of the CISD IR Speaker Series, Prof. Charles King will be giving a talk on his new book "MIDNIGHT AT THE PERA PALACE: The Birth of Modern Istanbul".
- CISD Annual lecture: An experience in multilateralism in the Middle East, from the chemical weapons elimination programme in Syria to UN engagement in Lebanon
Ms Kaag is the Under Secretary-General and UN Special Coordinator for Lebanon
- The China Challenge: Shaping the Choices of a Rising Power
Professor Thomas J. Christensen
- Public Dialogue on Peace and Reconciliation in Sri Lanka
Kandia Sarveswaran and Sutha Nadarajah
The "Learning from Leaders" research project investigates how “middle tier” or “go-between” political leaders bridge the gap between elite-level national peace negotiations and peace and reconciliation efforts at the local level.
- How to Develop Capitalism with No Proletariat: China's Experiments with Rural Land Ownership
Dr Jane Hayward, Postdoctoral Fellow, China Studies Centre, School of Public Policy and Management, Tsinghua University, Beijing.
How to Develop Capitalism with No Proletariat: China's Experiments with Rural Land Ownership