- Sovereignty and Justice
Dr Mark S. Ellis
As part of CISD's Research Seminar Series, Dr. Mark S. Ellis will be giving a talk on "Balancing the Principle of Complementarity between International and Domestic War Crimes Tribunals"
- Book Launch: Post-2015 UN Development: Making Change Happen?
Chair, Laura Hammond , Head of Development Studies Department, SOAS University of London
Book launch of Post-2015 UN Development: Making Change Happen? (London: Routledge, 2014), edited by Stephen Browne and Thomas G. Weiss
- The United Nations Special Procedures system and the challenges of human rights implementation
Dr Ahmed Shaheed (UN Special Rapporteur on the human rights situation in the Islamic Republic of Iran)
13th Annual Ruth Steinkraus-Cohen International Law lecture
- Midnight at the Pera Palace: The Birth of Modern Istanbul
Prof. Charles King (Georgetown University)
As part of the CISD IR Speaker Series, Prof. Charles King will be giving a talk on his new book "MIDNIGHT AT THE PERA PALACE: The Birth of Modern Istanbul".
- The China Challenge: Shaping the Choices of a Rising Power
Professor Thomas J. Christensen
- Postgraduate Open Evening
Representatives from departments and centres across SOAS will be available to answer your questions about postgraduate study.