Centre for Language Pedagogy Events
- Added-value of multilingualism: 'A social psychological perspective'
Professor Itesh Sachdev
- Can the internet wake up dormant bilinguals?
Prof. Anne Pauwels
- Handling more than one language: Why gestures are relevant to second language acquisition
Prof. Marianne Gullberg, Lund University
- Language teaching: Planning, Prospects and Problems
Dr Akin Oyètádé
- (CANCELLED) Distant Learning in Asian and African Languages
Dr Anil Biltoo
- Spanish-Welsh Bilingualism in Patagonia
Prof. Margaret Deuchar, Bangor Univeristy
This workshop will deal with the process involved in building multilingual corpora, including the initial stage of planning, data collection, data transcription and analysis.
- Multilingualism as epistemic resource: rethinking ‘languages’ in educational policy
Dr Caroline Kerfoot, Stockholm University, Centre for Research on Bilingualism
- Is CEFR applicable to non European languages? (a discussion with special reference to Chinese)
Dr Lianyi Song & Ms Lik Suen
- The Cosmopolitan Speaker
Dr. Cristina Ros I Sole, UCL
- Is English spoken by Japanese learners intelligible enough?
Shigeru Yamane, Kansai University
- Voices from the Japanese Language Classroom: “Honorifics do far more than politeness”
Eiko Gyogi, PhD student in Linguistics
- Learning to address ‘you’ in L2 Hindi : Respect or intimacy?
Dr Naresh Sharma (South Asia) & Dr Noriko Iwasaki (Linguistics)