Issues of the Working Poor and Development
- Course Code:
- Course Not Running 2016/2017
- Unit value:
- Year of study:
- Year 3
- Taught in:
- Term 2
Objectives and learning outcomes of the course
At the end of this module a student should be able to demonstrate:
- Familiarity with major debates on the working poor and development
- General knowledge of the major issues concerning the working poor in the development process
- An ability to analyse and compare some mainstream and heterodox approaches
- An ability to use analytical tools and critical capacity is the analysis of issues concerning the working poor and development.
Teaching will take the form of a two-hour lecture and a one-hour tutorial each week.
Method of assessment
One two hour written examination which will constitute 60% of the final mark, with the remaining 40% consisting of marks from an assessed essay. Each student will be expected to submit one essay of no more than 4000 words. Resubmission of coursework regulations apply to this module.