Government and politics of the Middle East
- Module Code:
- Unit value:
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
This course aims to:
- Provide an introduction to the politics of the Middle East in the 20th century.
- Consider the economic, social and political changes which have affected the region.
- Provide students with detailed empirical knowledge and with the cognitive skills necessary to interpret and analyse that information.
- To develop their understanding of the major trends in the Middle East politics and their skills of political analysis through critical reading, lectures and informed discussion and in the writing of essays.
By the end of the course students will have:
- Acquired an understanding of the Middle East and the ability to process information
- Developed reasoned arguments
- Communicated their ideas cogently both orally and in writing