- Course Code:
- Unit value:
- Year of study:
- Year 3 of 3 or Year 4 of 4
- Taught in:
- Full Year
BA law students will need permission from the module convenor which will only be granted if the student has sufficient grounding in English law. JYA students may not take this module.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the course
- To provide a sound foundation of knowledge of English commercial law; and
- To help the understanding of issues in the future developments of commercial law.
Method of assessment
- Unseen written exam: 100%
- Goode on Commercial Law, Chapter 1-The Nature and Sources of Law, pp 3-24 (Penguin Reference, 2010)
- Sealy and Hooley, Commercial Law, Text, Cases and Materials, Chapter 1-An Introduction to Commercial Law, pp 1-54 (OUP, 2009)
These chapters are from the two recommended books for the module. The chapters overlap but it is worth reading both.