Composition In Korean
- Course Code:
- Unit value:
- Year of study:
- Year 2, Year 3 or Year 4
- Taught in:
- Term 1
Successful completion of one-year LYA in Korea University or an equivalent knowledge of higher intermediate level of Korean language. Please also speak to the course convenor before signing up.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the course
- knowledge and understanding of Korean grammar at an appropriate level for an advanced learner who has spent a year studying the language in Korea
- knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Korean vocabulary
- knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of a wide range of Korean structures and expressions in a given context
- the ability to understand and to produce passages written in Korean in a variety of styles on everyday and some specialised topics
- the ability to translate to Korean of medium length with use of appropriate language on everyday and some specialised topics
- the ability to write essays in Korean on a variety of subjects
Total of 10 weeks with 2 hours per week class contact.
Method of assessment
One two-hour written examination taken in May/June (70%). A 1,500-1,800 word essay in Korean due the first day of week 1 of the term immediately after that in which the course is taught (20%). Continuous assessment (10%).
Materials will be distributed as handouts.