Advanced Composition In Korean
- Course Code:
- Course Not Running 2016/2017
- Unit value:
- Year of study:
- Year 3, Year 3 of 4 or Year 4 of 4
- Taught in:
- Term 1
Objectives and learning outcomes of the course
- knowledge and understanding of Korean grammar at an appropriate level for an advanced learner who has spent a year studying the language in Korea
- knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Korean vocabulary
- knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of a wide range of Korean structures and expressions in a given context
- the ability to understand and to produce passages written in Korean in a variety of styles on everyday and some specialised topics
- the ability to write essays in Korean on a variety of subjects
Total of 10 weeks teaching with 2 hours classroom per week.
Scope and syllabus
The aim of this course is to enhance the skill of essay-writing in Korean. The course will cover various composition topics and students are required to write a composition as an assignment after each lesson.
Method of assessment
One two-hour written examination (80%) taken in May/June and coursework (20%).
Materials will be distributed as handouts.