- Course Code:
- Course Not Running 2015/2016
- Unit value:
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Designed to give a basic understanding/knowledge of an exotic language on the edge of Europe and the Middle East. After the course a candidate is able to describe simple events in past/present/future and express future intentions.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the course
At the end of the course, a student should be able to demonstrate…
1. knowledge and understanding of basic Georgian grammar
2. knowledge and understanding of essential Georgian vocabulary
3. knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of basic Georgian structures and expressions in a given context
4. the ability to understand short passages in written Georgian on everyday topics
5. the ability to produce short passages in written Georgian on everyday topics
6. the ability to understand spoken Georgian and to engage in short spoken discourse on everyday topics
WorkloadClassroom grammar and exercise work. Two hours of tuition each week.
Scope and syllabus
Lessons 1-12 of the course-book.
Method of assessmentOne three-hour written exam in May-June (80% of the total mark); two term tests (10% each)
- B G Hewitt, Georgian: A Learner's Grammar, Routledge 1995