- Course Code:
- Unit value:
- Year of study:
- Year 1
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Objectives and learning outcomes of the course
At the end of the course, a student should be able to demonstrate…
- knowledge and understanding of basic Korean grammar
- knowledge and understanding of essential Korean vocabulary
- knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of basic Korean structures and expressions in a given context
- the ability to understand short passages in written Korean on everyday topics
- the ability to produce short passages in written Korean on everyday topics
- the ability to understand spoken Korean and to engage in short spoken discourse on everyday topics
Total of 22 weeks teaching with 6 hours classroom contact plus 1 hour tutorial per week.
Method of assessment
One three-hour written examination (80%) taken in May/June and coursework (20%).
- Elementary Korean. King & Yeon. Tuttle Publishing Co. Continuing Korean. King & Yeon. Tuttle Publishing Co.