- Course Code:
- Unit value:
- Year of study:
- Year 2
- Taught in:
- Full Year
PrerequisitesSuccessful completion of Elementary Korean
Objectives and learning outcomes of the course
- knowledge and understanding of intermediate Korean grammar
- knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Korean vocabulary
- knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of a wide range of Korean structures and expressions in a given context
- the ability to understand passages written in Korean of medium length on everyday and some specialised topics
- the ability to produce passages written in Korean on everyday and some specialised topics
- the ability to understand spoken Korean and to engage in spoken discourse of medium complexity on everyday and some specialised topics
WorkloadTotal of 22 weeks teaching with 4 hours classroom contact per week.
Scope and syllabus
Develops further the range of language skills attained in the first year, with emphasis on reading and comprehension. A wide variety of Korean texts is read and discussed in class, along with closely co-ordinated grammar practice.
Method of assessmentOne three-hour written examination (70%) taken in May/June. One ten-minute oral exam (10%). Continuous assessment (20%).
- Ross King and Jaehoon Yeon. Continuing Korean. Boston, Mass: Tuttle Pub; 2002.
- Korean Education Research Centre. Beautiful Korean 3-2 . Seoul: Beautiful Korean School Co., Ltd, 2009.