- Module Code:
- Unit value:
- Taught in:
- Term 2
PrerequisitesSuccessful completion of one-year LYA in Korea University or an equivalent knowledge of higher intermediate level of Korean language (course convenor's approval required).
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
- knowledge and understanding of Korean grammar at an appropriate level for an advanced learner who has spent a year studying the language in Korea.
- knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Korean vocabulary
- knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of a wide range of Korean structures and expressions in a given context
- the ability to demonstrate a detailed knowledge and effective understanding of the structures, registers, etc of Korean
- the ability to communicate information, ideas and arguments cogently and coherently
WorkloadTotal of 10 weeks teaching with 2 hour classroom contact per week.
Scope and syllabus
This course aims to develop the students’ oral and aural skills in Korean through small-group conversation classes. The course provides oral practice at an intermediate/advanced level. Topics for discussion (ranging from current events to arts and culture) will be assigned each week, and coursework will include short presentations.