- Course Code:
- Course Not Running 2014/2015
- Unit value:
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Objectives and learning outcomes of the course
At the end of the course, a student should be able to demonstrate:
- knowledge and understanding of basic Pali grammar
- knowledge and understanding of essential Pali vocabulary
- knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of basic Pali structures and expressions in a given context
- the ability to understand short passages in Pali on everyday topics
- the ability to produce short passages in Pali on everyday topics
WorkloadTotal of 22 weeks teaching with 3 hours classroom contact per week.
Method of assessmentOne essay (20%) of 1500 words submitted on the last day of week 10, term 1. Four thirty-minute class tests (20% each).
A reading list will be made available to students at the beginning of the course.