Elementary Korean 2
- Module Code:
- Unit value:
- Year of study:
- Year 1
- Taught in:
- Full Year
- Co-requisite: Elementary Korean
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of the course, a student should be able to demonstrate…
- knowledge and understanding of basic Korean grammar
- knowledge and understanding of essential Korean vocabulary
- knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of basic Korean structures and expressions in a given context
- the ability to understand short passages written in Korean on everyday topics
- the ability to produce short passages written in Korean on everyday topics
- the ability to understand spoken Korean and converse on everyday topics
WorkloadA total of 22 weeks teaching with 4 hours classroom contact per week.
Method of assessmentOne oral examination taken in May/June of 15-20 minutes duration (40%); three presentations of 15 minutes each taken throughout the year (30%); four listening test taken throughout the year (20%); continuous coursework (10%).
- Ross King and Jaehoon Yeon, Elementary Korean, Boston: Tuttle Publishing, 2000.
- Ross King and Jaehoon Yeon, Continuing Korean, Boston: Tuttle Publishing, 2002.
Occasional handouts and/or course study pack prepared by the teacher(s)