Societies and Cultures of Southern Africa
- Course Code:
- Course Withdrawn
- Unit value:
- Year of study:
- Year 1 or Year 2
Objectives and learning outcomes of the course
To critically examine important areas of contemporary social theory in relation to Southern Africa.
- To ground students in the historical basis of these issues.
- To explore changing ideas in the ethnographic study of Southern Africa.
- Students will develop an in depth knowledge base and the ability to assess texts critically.
- Students will develop an awareness of methodological issues in the study of Southern African ethnography.
- Students will develop appropriate analytical skills.
- Students will develop appropriate research and communication skills and reflect critically on their own learning processes.