Korean Advanced (masters)
- Course Code:
- Unit value:
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Objectives and learning outcomes of the course
At the end of the course, a student should be able to demonstrate…
- knowledge and understanding of advanced Korean grammar
- knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Korean vocabulary
- knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of a wide range of Korean structures and expressions in a given context
- the ability to understand passages in written Korean of all length on everyday and some specialised topics
- the ability to produce passages in written Korean of all length on everyday and some specialised topics
- the ability to understand spoken Indonesian and to engage in spoken discourse of medium complexity on everyday and some specialised topics
A total of 22 weeks teaching with 2 hours classroom contact per week.
Scope and syllabus
This course gives students the ability to read a variety of text-types from newspapers, magazines, and academic articles. Literary texts may also be integrated into course material. By the end of the course, students will develop confidence in handling and comprehending Korean modern prose.
Method of assessment
One three-hour written examination taken in May/June (70%) and coursework (30%).
Other reading and discussion materials will be distributed as handouts.