Advanced Practical Japanese (Masters)
- Course Code:
- Course Not Running 2015/2016
- Unit value:
- Taught in:
- Full Year
PrerequisitesHigher intermediate level Japanese or equivalent level.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the course
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- communicate fluently and appropriately in Japanese;
- demonstrate a detailed knowledge and effective understanding of the structures, registers, etc of Japanese;
- demonstrate a broad knowledge and, using appropriate methodologies, a critical understanding of the cultures and societies of Japan.
Also as a generic skills, the student should be able to:
- communicate information, ideas and arguments cogently and coherently both orally and in writing;
- gather, process and evaluate critically information from a variety of paper, audio-visual and electronic sources;
- be an effective and self-aware independent learner.