Dissertation in Economics (MA)
- Course Code:
- Unit value:
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Objectives and learning outcomes of the course
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate their substantial understanding of a key issue, topic or theme relating to economics.
2. Organize their ideas in response to theoretical and empirical material and plan, develop and present a written argument in relation to this.
3. Show their ability to effectively gather, manage, synthesize and employ relevant data in support of their written argument.
4. Demonstrate their capacity to work independently under the guidance of an academic supervisor.
5. Show that they have followed good academic research practice and have achieved a good level of competence in academic writing.