Dissertation in Political Studies
- Course Code:
- Unit value:
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Objectives and learning outcomes of the course
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate their substantial understanding of a key issue, topic or theme relating to Politics.
- Organise their ideas in response to theoretical and empirical material and plan, develop and present a written argument in relation to this.
- Show their ability to effectively gather, manage, synthesize and employ relevant data in support of their written argument.
- Demonstrate their capacity to work independently under the guidance of an academic supervisor.
- Show that they have followed good academic research practice and have achieved a good level of competence in academic writing.