Management in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Course Not Running 2014/15
- Unit value:
As part of this module you will study emerging developments in management practices across the Sub-Saharan region. The module combines general trends in trade and investment with specific studies of business management. It focuses on the the factors that create successful businesses in Africa, and the specific business conditions on the continent.
This module will be available to study in 2014. More information on the content of this module will appear shortly.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the course
When you have completed all your work on this module, you will be able to
- demonstrate an understanding of emerging developments in management practices across the Sub-Saharan region.
- An ability to outline the major trends in trade and investment and their application to business management in Sub Saharan Africa
- An ability to engage in key debates on the factors that create successful businesses in Sub Saharan Africa
- An understanding of the role of local institutions and practices in determining business outcomes and an ability to critically analyse case studies of international business failure
- An in-depth knowledge of the specific business conditions and how there affect both domestic and international businesses in Africa.
- Knowledge of the key theories on international management relevant to specific topics or areas of focus and their application to relevant case studies.