- Course Code:
- Unit value:
Your dissertation will be a supervised piece of research on a topic from the programme that we shall agree with you. It will be 10,000 words long. Before we can consider a proposal to submit a dissertation we will need to review your academic performance so far. The Research Methods course is a prerequisite for undertaking the dissertation.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the course
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to...
- Demonstrate their substantial understanding of a key issue, topic or theme relating to finance.
- Organize their ideas in response to theoretical and empirical material and plan, develop and present a written argument in relation to this.
- Show their ability to effectively gather, manage, synthesize and employ relevant data in support of their written argument.
- Demonstrate their capacity to work independently under the guidance of an academic supervisor.
- Show that they have followed good academic research practice and have achieved a good level of competence in academic writing.