Centre of South East Asian Studies Events
The events draw a varied audience with an interest in the region.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise stated. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information contact the Centres and Programmes Office.
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot guarantee, however, that subsequent changes have not been made. Please be advised to check information relating to scheduled events by using the contact information provided.
- Profiting from History: A Dealer's Perspective on the Business of Art and its Contribution to Art History
Michael Backman (Michael Backman Ltd)
- Tai Magic: Arts of the Supernatural
Susan Conway (SOAS, University of London)
- The diffusion of Islamic laws across Indonesia
Michael Buehler (SOAS, University of London)
- Pink, Palm Trees and Postmodernity
Sinta Tantra, Artist
- Title TBC
- Title TBC
- Southeast Asia's half miracle: Economic progress and remaining challenges
Prof Anne Booth (SOAS, University of London)
- Chulia Cultural Expressions in nineteenth century Penang
Khoo Salma Nasution (Penang Heritage Trust)
- The Hospital stela inscriptions of king Jayavarman VII of Cambodia
Professor Claude Jacques (École Pratique des Hautes Études EPHE, Sorbonne)