Centre of South East Asian Studies Events
The events draw a varied audience with an interest in the region.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise stated. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information contact the Centres and Programmes Office.
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot guarantee, however, that subsequent changes have not been made. Please be advised to check information relating to scheduled events by using the contact information provided.
- Performance as Site of Memory: Performing Art History in Vietnam and Singapore
Nora A Taylor (Alsdorf Professor of South and Southeast Asian Art, School of the Art Institute of Chicago)
- Living in a Time of Deception
Dr Poh Soo Kai and Dr Ping Tjin Thum
- The Traffic in Hierarchy: Precedence and Power in Burmese Social Life
Associate Prof Ward Keeler (University of Texas)
- The Guardian of Things: Archeology of Curating in Thailand
Mr Vipash Purichanont (Goldsmiths, University of London)
- Yangon Echoes: Inside heritage homes
Dr Virginia Henderson & Mr Tim Webster, authors, independent
- New Research on Southeast Asia: Visual Culture and the Self
Lesley Pullen (SOAS University of London) and Treepon Kirdnark (SOAS University of London)
- Courbet after Sudjojono
Dr Kevin Chua (Texas Tech University, USA)
- ASEASUK Conference 2016
This conference provides a major venue for the dissemination of research on South East Asia in various disciplines for academics from both the UK and abroad.