Centre of South East Asian Studies Events
The events draw a varied audience with an interest in the region.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise stated. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information contact the Centres and Programmes Office.
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot guarantee, however, that subsequent changes have not been made. Please be advised to check information relating to scheduled events by using the contact information provided.
- Can corruption reduce conflict? Lessons from Indonesia
Dr Elizabeth Pisani
- From Benares to Boston: Ananda Coomaraswamy as Collector and Curator
Dr Pratapaditya Pal
For several decades the world’s foremost specialist of Indian, the Himalayas and South East Asian Art, Dr Pratapaditya Pal, will be speaking at SOAS on the pioneering collector and curator Ananda Coomaraswamy.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Southeast Asia: Issues, Problems and Prospects
Emeritus Prof Victor King (University of Leeds)
- A borderless village: binding/bounding spiritual ties among Plong migrants in Greater Bangkok
Indrė Balčaitė (CSEAS Small Grant recipient 2012)
- Tai/Shan New Year: Academic and Cultural Presentations
Pi Mai or Shan New Year celebrations has been held as annual cultural event in UK since 2005 and six of them have taken place at SOAS, University of London.
- The Southeast Asian collections at the V&A
Dr John Clarke (Curator of the Himalayan and Southeast Asian Collections at the V&A Museum)