CSJR Research Student Bursary
Deadline: 1 May 2014
The Centre for the Study of Japanese Religions offers a CSJR Research Student Bursary in Japanese Religions to be held at SOAS
The total value of the scholarship is £4,000 for one year ONLY. The bursary can be used towards maintenance or towards fees.
Applications are invited from outstanding students of Japanese religions, regardless of nationality.
- full-time or part-time MPhil/PhD in Japanese Religions (Department of the Study of Religions)
- Applicants must possess an outstanding academic record
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to a Research programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline of 1 May 2014
- Only new research students may apply: those already enrolled on a research degree programme at SOAS are not eligible to apply
- Open to UK/EU and OVERSEAS candidates
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel. The Centre reserves the right not to make an award in the event that no suitable application is received
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement, PhD proposal and other relevant information.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17:00 (UK time) on 1 May 2014
- Late or incomplete scholarship applications will not be considered
IMPORTANT: You need to have an offer of admission by the scholarship deadline of 1 May 2014
Please ensure that you submit a COMPLETE application for admission as soon as possible and ideally no later than 4-6 weeks before the scholarship deadline of 1 May 2014. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, a personal statement, CV and a PhD proposal. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with with your online an application for admission. Late or incomplete online applications for admission will not be considered for scholarships.
Notification of Results
The successful candidate will be notified by email by the end of June If you have not had a response to your application by the end of June you may assume that you have not been successful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
You can apply for this scholarship via the online scholarship application form You should save a copy of your application form for your records so please copy the form before you submit it.
For enquiries, please contact:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/ 5091