Centre of World Christianity Events
- Opening of the Centre of World Christianity & Lecture Ethiopian Monasticism and its Literature
Witold Witakowski, Uppsala University
- Saints, Slaves, and Silver: Memories of Church and the Coffee Trade in Zege, Ethiopia
Tom Boylston, London School of Economics
- Christians in Syria and Iraq Today: Facing the Challenges
Workshop exploring the realities of the Christian communities in Syria and Iraq.
- Ethiopian Religious Politics and the Rise of Pentecostalism
Jörg Haustein, SOAS, University of London
- Jewish/Hebraic Cultural Formation in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
Afework Hailu, SOAS, University of London
- International and Interdisciplinary Conference: Pentecostalism and Development
The eighth international and interdisciplinary conference of the European Research Network on Global Pentecostalism (GloPent) is organised by the Centre of World Christianity and will be held at SOAS, University of London on 5th & 6th September 2014. The conference theme is "Pentecostalism and Development".
- Christian landscape of Central Asia: historic and archaeological perspective
Dr. Barakatullo ASHUROV
The lecture will survey the Christian landscape of Central Asia (five former USSR countries of Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan) using archaeological evidence and historical sources.
- The Discovery of Khara Khoto: the dead city and its Syriac manuscripts
Dr Natalia Smelova
Lecture on the Syriac manuscripts found by Russian expeditions in Central Asia and Chinese Turkestan
- Pseudo Macarius' Mysticism and Its Reception in Eastern Syrian Authors
Prof. Pablo Argarate
Special lecture by Prof. Pablo Argarate