How does a degree in Financial and Management Studies help with my career?
The department of Financial and Management Studies at SOAS provides its students with a specialist international focus and the skills needed to work effectively in a global, multicultural context. Graduates are equipped with advanced training and research expertise related to finance, management and development. They also gain a portfolio of widely transferable skills which employers seek, including analysing and selecting information; communicating effectively; understanding and interpreting numerical data - numeracy and problem solving.
Former Financial and Management Studies students have gone on to professional and management careers in both the private and public sectors, as well as continuing in the field of research at SOAS or other institutions.
Destinations of recent graduates from this department immediately after graduation include:
VP Risk Management Solutions
Legal Analyst Intern
Client services analyst
Trainee Investment Manager
New employee in Global Marketing
Sales and Operations Executive
Customer Services Adviser
Quality Assurance Manager
Business Support Manager
Owner of Hotel
|Association of Foreign Body|
M H M Frozen Food Company
Euro Money Institutional Investor
The British Council
Millman Limited Co. Ltd
Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft (DEG)
Unspecified Governmental Institution
BSI - British Standards Institute
JTB UK Ltd.
German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ)
Unspecified Food Retail Establishment
The chart above shows that SOAS Financial and Management Studies graduates are very employable. Graduate Destination Surveys from 2012-2013 show that the majority of graduates who could be surveyed are either in work, further study, work and study or volunteering.
Further information about DLHE is available on the Careers Service website.
What do Graduates do?
- LinkedIn Alumni
- Prospects: What do graduates do
- Sector profiles: Banking and Finance and Business and Management
- What do London Graduates do
- Occupational profiles for 600 career areas on Prospects
- Postgraduate study information and database on Prospects
- For more information about careers, visit Careers Tagged
- All About Finance Careers
- Association of Insurance and Risk Managers
- Association of Taxation Technicians
- British Bankers’ Association
- British Expertise (formerly British Consultants & Construction Bureau)
- Chartered Financial Analysts Society of the UK
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
- Chartered Insurance Institute
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Institute of Financial Services School of Finance
- Institute of Risk Management
- Management Consultancies Association
- Accounting Web
- Actuarial Profession
- Discover Risk
- eFinancial Careers
- Financial Services Skills Council
- City Jobs