Development Studies Welfare Tutor and Personal Advisors
The Welfare Tutor is the first point of contact for students in the Department facing personal, emotional, social and/or academic problems which are affecting their studies. Whether students are experiencing stress or anxiety; bereavement or loss; discrimination or harassment, the Welfare Tutor can provide advice and offer referrals or general information about a range of welfare services offered by SOAS. Upholding the School’s general respect for students’ privacy, the Welfare Tutor will always deal with students’ concerns in confidence.
Peter Mollinga - Welfare Tutor, Development Studies
Tel: 020 7898 4631
Office hours: By Appointment
Students can also contact their Personal Tutor/Advisor (the Year Tutor for undergraduates and the Programme Convenor for postgraduates) to discuss any issues they are having.
Undergraduate Tutors/Personal Advisors
- Dae-oup Chang - BA Personal Tutor/Advisor Year 1
- Tim Pringle - BA Personal Tutor/Advisor Year 2
- Leandro Vergara-Camus - BA Personal Tutor/Advisor Year 3
- Subir Sinha - Programme Convenor, MSc Development Studies and MSc Development Studies with Special Reference to Central Asia
- Thomas Marois - Programme Convenor, MSc Globalisation and Development
- Tim Pringle - Programme Convenor, MSc Labour, Social Movements and Development
- Paolo Novak - Programme Convenor, MSc Migration, Mobility and Development
- Zoe Marriage - Programme Convenor, MSc Violence, Conflict and Development
- Matteo Rizzo - Programme Convenor, MSc Research for International Development