All forms must be submitted to the Doctoral School Section, Registry and may require written confirmation from Supervisors, Associate Dean for Research, and/or Financial Sponsors
- Upgrade Form (Transfer from MPhil to PhD) and Ethics Checklist (msword; 86kb) students must complete the form and the research ethics checklist in consultation with their supervisor, and then submit the form with their upgrade paper. Supervisors are to submit the completed form to the Doctoral School Section, Registry following the upgrade examination. If you have checked YES to any of the questions on the research ethics checklist within the Upgrade Form you will require second stage ethical approval. Please follow the procedure found on the Research Ethics pages.
- Fieldwork Application (msword; 74kb) or Fieldwork Application (pdf; 59kb) - all students wishing to undergo overseas fieldwork must submit a completed Fieldwork Application form. Please note that students going on fieldwork must arrange for their own insurance cover.
- Extension of Writing-Up (Continuation) Status (msword; 82kb) or Extension of Writing-Up (Continuation) Status (pdf; 55kb) - form to be submitted to confirm eligibility for the reduced fee in the Extension year (normally the optional fourth year of full-time PhD study).
- Interruption of Study (msword; 62kb) or Interruption of Study (pdf; 50kb)
- Part-time Declaration (msword; 59kb) or Part-time Declaration (pdf; 27kb) - for changes from full-time to part-time.
- Withdrawal (msword; 65kb) or Withdrawal (pdf; 28kb) - to be submitted following careful consultation with the Doctoral School Section and Supervisor
- PGR - CAS Application (msword; 61kb) - to be submitted to apply for a standard Tier 4 visa extension
If you require advice on any form submission or completion please contact the Doctoral School Section directly at email@example.com.